Joining President LaForge is Dana George, Senior Executive Associate athletic director for Compliance, Academics and Internal Operations/SWA.
Here are some delectable numbers about Halloween.
- The No. 1 costume this year for kids? Princess. For adults? Witch.
- The average child consumes 3 cups or 384 grams of sugar on Halloween.
- The top 3 Halloween candies in the U.S. are Skittles, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and M&M’s.
- The most popular Halloween candy in Mississippi this year? 3 Musketeers, at 115,314 pounds.
- Shoppers will spend $9 billion cumulatively on candy, costumes, decorations, and cards this year, about $90 per person.
- The optimal time to carve a Halloween pumpkin is 5 days beforehand.
- 14 athletic teams, consisting of more than 300 athletes and coaches, will host Delta State Athletics’ annual Trunk or Treat event.
- The Trunk or Treat event will include 15-20 stations with games and activities
- The Athletics Departments expects to serve 1,000 guests at the event.
In other news on campus, Reverend Wheeler Parker Jr., a cousin of Emmett Till, will share his memories of Emmett Till’s life and legacy tonight at 7 p.m. in the auditorium of Jobe Hall. As a reminder, the art department’s annual faculty art exhibition continues at the Fielding Wright Art Center Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., until October 25. In athletics news, Statesmen football is back at home on Thursday against Shorter University. The game kicks off at 6 p.m., and fans are encouraged to wear pink to this game in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
To keep up with all of our news, events and activities, please visit our website at deltastate.edu.